Instagram can be a powerful visual advertising tool for your business, if used correctly. In fact, with more than 700 million monthly users and 25% more engagement over other social networks, Instagram is clearly an excellent platform to build your brand.
If you’ve decided to give Instagram a try for your business, you might be wondering “how do you speed up my Instagram growth?” Well, like any other social platform, growing a large following is no easy feat. It can consume a lot of time and energy, which often influences some people to take shortcuts, like buying followers.
In this post, we will show how to grow your Instagram without hopping on the fake-followers bandwagon. Let’s go!
1. Post Stunning Instagram Photos
Top-performing brands on Instagram know the value of posting beautiful photos – they embrace it. Remember, Instagram is a visual platform, which means that you have to stand out from the millions of filter-obsessed super-users.
Try these actionable tips to get started:
- Decide on the aesthetics of your feed or the mood you want to portray, and plan accordingly.
- Always make sure to stick to your desired theme or mood so you won’t throw off your audience.
- If you’d like to try different themes or moods, use similar filters to give your feed a cohesive look or feel.
Check out our article on how to take awesome Instagram photos, every time for more great tips.
2. Host Exciting Instagram Contests
Running well-structured Instagram contests and offering exclusive promotions and giveaways are excellent ways to boost your Instagram growth efforts.
Apart from gaining new followers, these thrilling activities encourage community engagement and increase brand awareness, as well as making it easier to connect with like-minded people.
Having a well though-out strategy will more likely yield a successful campaign. So, to make sure that your contests run smoothly, consider things like finding a suitable theme, using the right hashtags, deciding on an attractive prize, monitoring participant entries, publicizing the contest and finally, picking out the winner!
For the best results, hold contests once a month or less.
3. Post Consistently
There’s no “one size fits all” number of Instagram posts you should make per day to speed up your Instagram growth. Unlike Facebook and Twitter, posting frequently on Instagram doesn’t affect your growth efforts in major ways. What matters for Instagram is posting consistently, as reported in a study from Union Metrics.
While there isn’t a universal standard for the ideal number of posts to make per day, CoSchedule suggests that you post one to two times per day, preferably around 8 – 9 AM and 2 AM in your local time zone. Every brand and audience is different, so for the best results, we recommend experimenting and interpreting your own results to improve your strategy.
To make it easier to post consistently, plan your posts ahead of time and schedule specific posting times.
4. Switch to an Instagram Business Account
If you’re using a personal Instagram profile, switching to an Instagram Business account will be a huge step to maximizing your Instagram growth. “But, why not use my regular Instagram profile?” you may ask. Well, a business profile allows you to:
- Create Instagram ads to promote your brand
- Use analytical tools to access certain data, including insights for how posts are performing, and what followers like
- Add vital business information to your profile such as an address, phone number, and website
In all honesty, there might be several negative implications of using a Business account, but you’ll have to decide if it’s worth taking the risk. Focusing on the positives, an Instagram Business account will provide access to vital insights, which can help you devise ways to refine your growth strategy.
5. Encourage User-Generated Content (UGC)
Have you ever visited a company’s Instagram profile and wondered “How do they have so many followers?” or “Where did they get all those amazing photos?”
Businesses often use an Instagram growth strategy called user-generated content, which simply refers to any form of content created by users about a brand or product.
Here are a few reasons to use UGC in your Instagram growth strategy:
- Generate more engagement. This means, more comments and likes on posts. The more users engage with your content, the higher your posts are ranked in the Instagram feed, allowing more new users to find your stuff on the Explorer tab.
- Build trust with your customers. A study puts forward that 51 percent of consumers are more likely to make purchase decisions based on the experiences of other customers over product information on your website.
- Improve SEO. UGC provides keyword inspirations and informs you of trending topics by letting users leave comments on your posts. It can also increase your social signal by boosting your search visibility.
Speeding up your Instagram growth can be challenging, but with the right amount of time and effort, you can grow an impactful Instagram profile and push your brand to the forefront. Focus on organic growth and even legit paid strategies, and you’ll be surprised how quickly they can help maximize your Instagram growth. Check out our instagram growth service and get started today on a 3 day free trial!